I’m a mix of emotions at the moment.
Torn between mourning summer and excitement for giant scarfs, cinnamon flavoured everything, kicking piles of leaves and snuggly evenings with a duvet and hot chocolate.
Soup is basically the cold season salad – it goes perfectly with the weather. Plus, you can whip up several batches and have lunch for the week sorted.
Yummy plus time saving = double win IMO.
And this soup seriously delivers on the YUM. Combining classic falafel ingredients with sweet potato is double level comfort food, as well as being super good for you.
The best bit? It is very quick and easy to make.
In case you haven’t noticed – I like my recipes simple. Life is waaay to busy to be whipping up complex meals with a bajillion ingredients day-to-day.
You will need:
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (approx 500g) – chopped
- 1 Medium Onion – chopped
- 400g/2 Cups Chickpeas (soaked)
- 1 lt of Veggie Stock
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Corriander
Also – foodie spotlight on chickpeas! Not only do they taste amazing (I’m not the only one who loves them plain right??); they are super high in fibre and protein, and contain a ton of vitamins and minerals.
Just 3 steps to make:
- Fry the onions, coconut oil and spices in a large saucepan over a low heat until soft
- Add the sweet potato, stock and chickpeas, bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 20mins
- Blend with salt and pepper to taste
This makes 4 servings so store leftovers in the fridge.