I’ve been having a bit of an avocado obsession these last few
I mean, who hasn’t?
BUT, after avocado salad everyday for the last week, I decided it was time to try something new.
Variety is the spice of life and all that.
So, chilled avocado soup seemed like the perfect alternative for a lazy lunch. It’s smooth, creamy, bursting with flavour and oh-so full of goodness.
Plus, if I can make it in a blender, then I am happy
No cooking, minimal chopping, little effort = the kind of lunch I like.
I also feel a special kind of joy when I cut open an avocado and it looks like this…
Perfect avocado = best thing ever IMO.
So, let’s talk about the ingredients – all super good for you and all super tasty!
Disclaimer – I kinda threw this together, so I apologise that some measurements are not exact. The good news is that it is kinda like a smoothie, you can throw whatever and it will still taste great!
- 1/2 avocado – full of good fat and fibre
- Big handful watercress – this is a totally underrated leafy green, packed with lots of vitamin A, C and K, plus it gives a peppery kick.
- 2 inch piece of cucumber – refreshing summer staple
- Slice of red onion – great source of flavour and full of prebiotic fibre (feeds your gut bacteria, healthy bacteria = healthy digestion)
- 1/4 tsp garlic – rich in vitamin C, B6 and manganese plus it boosts your immune system
- 1/4 tsp tumeric – trending spice of the moment, and for good reason, as it has awesome anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Few sprigs of dill – antibacterial properties, plus fibre, magnesium and iron
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to season
Throw the ingredients in a blender with 1/2 a cup of water and blitz until smooth.
Hell yes. It is that simple.
Sprinkle with some seeds for a lil added crunch and a cucumber twist if you are feeling fancy.
Enjoy in the sunshine!