I may be having a slight smoothie bowl obsession ATM.
Since my first smoothie bowl a couple of weeks ago, they have quickly become a staple dish.
What can I say?
I fall hard and fast.
With the arrival of all the gorgeous autumn clothes in shops, I have realised that summer is nearly over and that means two things.
1. I seriously need to shop
This is crazily easy to pull together and tastes exactly like berry ice cream.
I know. You really have no excuse not to make this.
So lets talk the very short ingredients list:
- 1/4 greek yogurt – protein and creamy tangy-ness
- 1/4 cup coconut milk – smooth texture and stops me killing my blender with the strain of frozen berries
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries (I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 1 tsbp ground flaxseed – healthy fats for added goodness
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence – because yum
Blitz all the ingredients in a blender until it is the same texture as soft-serve.
If it is too thick, add a lil more coconut milk.
Pour into a bowl and indulge is some seriously pretty toppings!
I kept it simple with even more berries and some chopped nut, but feel free to get creative.