Sometimes, my favourite thing about working out is the blender party I get to have afterwards; whipping up a giant smoothie to enjoy after an epic sweat session!
Smoothies are awesome as you can pretty much make a meal in jar and sneak in lots of extra greens/supplements which you wouldn’t get otherwise throughout the day. This post-workout smoothie is super simple to throw together and is literally bursting with delicious goodness!
So lets talk ingredients!
- Kefir (250ml) – tangy like Greek yoghurt and super high in calcium and B-vitamins, it is also chock-full of probiotics to nourish your digestive system.
- Raw honey (1/2 tbsp) – OMG. Let me tell you about this raw honey, my sister brought this back for me from Africa and it is the real deal. It goes straight from hive to bottle, sold by the collectors on stalls close to where they gather it AND it tastes out-of-this-world! It is definitely worth a trip just to pick up a bottle but if you don’t have easy access to African street vendors, then any raw honey will work.
- Banana (x 1) – smoothie staple and and awesome way to get in some much needed carbs post-sweat.
- Spinach (big handful) – my fave leafy green (don’t tell kale); spinach contains sky-high level of vitamin a and k plus minerals like magnesium and iron.
- Nutri Greens (mini scoop) – contains the nutrients of a gazillion fruits and vegetables, without actually having to chow down like a bunny.
- Whey protein (25g) – contains all the essential amino acids to help your muscles recover after a tough session, plus whey is super-easily absorbed and promotes building lean muscle mass whilst losing fat.
- Cinnamon (1/4 tsp) – Goes perfectly with the honey and banana, plus has a ton of health benefits, including being full of antioxidants and improving insulin sensitivity.
I also chucked in some ice for thickness! Watery smoothie just doesn’t do it for me.
Blend and enjoy!